We Offer Highly Extensive Art Education
Kidzart is for every stage of Artistic Development. Students of all ages are introduced to the delightful world of creative arts.
Ideally those who start with KidzArt in preschool, will ‘graduate’ to our grade school and junior high school programs. Our curriculum is evolving and never repeated, with dynamic classes that grow with our students year after year.
Although KidzArt programs are based in drawing, we provide a fine arts experience that develops creative thinkers and problem solvers.
Each of our fun and exciting programs meets or exceeds the National Standards for Arts Education.
Here is a course guideline that shows what each program offers.
- KidzArt: SQUIGGLES TO GRINS! For Ages 2 - 3 1/2 Years plus Mommy or Daddy - Discovering the pure joy and absolute excitement of creating original art — with the bonus of having Mommy or Daddy* right there — is what KidzArt: SQUIGGLES TO GRINS is all about!
Two and three year olds are introduced to the lines and shapes that make up the ‘language’ of art. This is achieved through creative activities designed to enhance their motor skills, and complemented with inspiring storytelling, poetry, and sing-alongs created by Parents’ Choice Award winning KidzArt® singer/songwriters. At this age level they find great delight in exploring this new language by using washable paints and other non-toxic art materials to create recognizable forms. Their artful squiggles are soon followed by proud grins!
SQUIGGLES TO GRINS is a 35-45 minute program where budding young artists interact with kids their own age in a fun and nurturing environment. In this non-threatening setting they begin to grow emotionally while developing their language and community skills. Parents, too have an opportunity to socialize with the other parents. It’s hard to tell who is having more fun!
- KidzArt: DISCOVER! Ages 3½ - 4½ Years - The ‘language’ of art begins with the recognition of lines and shapes. We show preschoolers how these lines and shapes can fit together to create a complete whole. Then we introduce them to the tools to do it for themselves.
Much of DISCOVER! centers around teaching our preschoolers to slow down, to focus, and to see — perhaps for the first time — how the world around them is put together. They learn how they can create recognizable forms from the ‘language’ of art they are learning.
DISCOVER! offers our students praise, support and direction, while we ask for their attention and willingness to perform their personal best. When it all comes together — and it does — the rewards are endless.
- KidzArt: CONNECT! Kindergarten: 5 - 6 Years - The basic lines and shapes of drawing come together and have real meaning at CONNECT!
Our kindergarten students take their drawing skills to a new personal level. Through individual guidance and encouragement, they learn how to use the ‘language’ of art to express their thoughts and ideas more clearly. Confidence continues to grow as they experiment with colors and shapes using 2- and 3-dimensional media.
Suddenly they’re more interested in what they are doing, than they are in getting done. There are smiles everywhere.
- KidzArt: IMAGINE! For Grades 1 - 3 - First, second, and third graders ‘power up’ their creative energy at KidzArt: IMAGINE!
Our students are introduced to a personal tool box of creative skills. Through interactive format they learn how to use these tools to access the power of their imagination.
Classes are full of eye-opening surprises as students interpret shapes, colors, and proportion. Soon they are reading between the lines and drawing their own conclusions. They begin to express their ideas freely and to overcome the impulse to judge. Mistakes are minimized with the know-how to find solutions. The critical first steps toward developing a personal style start here.
- KidzArt: EXPLORE! For Grades 3-5 - The realm of possibility is the captivating point at KidzArt: EXPLORE!
Our students embark on a virtual journey to explore the many elements of the visual arts. During their travels, students are exposed to a variety of artistic styles, cultural interpretations, and mediums. The elements of brainstorming and more complex forms of problem solving are introduced through interactive format. Students begin to talk enthusiastically about possibilities. They become more confident in their attempts at self expression. Their destination of their own personal style gets closer.
- TeenzArt: ASPIRE! For Grades 6 - 9 - Students build-up their creative muscle at ASPIRE!Our art-enriched ‘workouts‘ are packed full of challenging design projects and fun surprises intended to motivate students at this age level, and to push their creative potential to the max.
With the help of personal training, creative muscle takes shape. Our students become more independent, and we see a personal sense of individual style grow stronger.
We continue to challenge our students to exercise their creative skills in other areas of their life.
- Art Innovators - The ‘shoulds’ and ‘who’s best’ go right out the window. We present young and older adults WITH the “creativity” skills to break through the barriers of self-judgment and the pressures of competition. Classes focus on relaxing, creative problem solving, letting go and HAVING FUN!
- SeniorzArt: Re-discover! Classes are small with instructors certified to teach at this level. Through personal guidance and encouragement, seniors being cared for in assisted living centers work with professional art supplies that are easy to manipulate. They become engaged in projects that are stimulating and fun to do. It is a time of re-discovery.
- Birthday Parties! - KidzArt offers spectacular, age-appropriate, all inclusive, themed party packages for kids of all ages. We’ll handle the prep and clean up, plus provide all the supplies. Our enthusiastic art specialists will lead the non-stop art and imagination action! We can come to your home or help you find a great location.
- KidzArt Camps and Workshops - KidzArt Camps are filled with extraordinary opportunities to develop skills and have fun and play with art. We offer at least two summer themes each, as well as great new projects using materials students have likely had little or no exposure to in school. Students create several Masterpieces that are ready for display! At the end of camp, parents can look forward to their proud child’s display of art pieces in an end-of-camp Exhibit. KidzArt offers an array of workshops and camps throughout the year as well.
If you can Dream. You can Draw.
All KidzArt programs put a strong emphasis on creating the right classroom environment.
Individual performance is greatly enhanced by a sense of safety and well-being. When students are in a safe and nurturing environment, they will thrive and creativity will flourish.
Art is all about feeling the freedom to take risks, to explore the unknown, to trust your own judgment. Because when your are free to dream, you find the power to create.